Bookmark and Share

Tuesday 22 July 2008

Just a thought...


...but babies seem like a lot of work. Take my new nephew, Sam Chandler (see pic) for instance. Yes, he's very cute, but my gawd can he wail. But in the life of a baby, what else is there to do? Is there any choice? Any babies out there reading this feel free to let me know. My earliest memories were falling off a climbing frame and breaking my arm and around the same time, having to stay in at lunchtime during nursery with a boy who had lodged a piece of Lego up his nose....those were the days.

In other news, I've downloaded new apps for the iPod touch - ahead of a poker tourno that I'm hosting this weekend I got the "HoldEm" Poker game (that's the only link I can find but go to the App Store for the iPhone/Touch version) - well worth it if you are thinking of investing. Cool controls to throw your cards away as well as go "all-in", although does anyone else think that the battery life is somewhat lacking?? If I play constantly on my way to and from work (that's a 2 hr round trip) the thing is dead. Ditto with Super Monkey Ball - cool games but awfyul battery life. Can't help wondering how long the battery will last before I have to send it back for a refresh.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the iPod Touch and will be getting a 3G iPhone as soon as I can, but it's little things like that which might put me off... not that there is anything better out there.

Lastly, did anyone see this cool offer from 3 - free laptops!! Ewan MacLoed who I met last week with a client, covers it all here - check it out!

See ya, and watch out for them others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've not had trouble with battery life, but not been using my iTouch for any really memory intense stuff on the move, just audio. I use it as a web tablet at home, but then it's easy to recharge after that.

- LW