Bookmark and Share

Sunday 10 August 2008

It's done and dusty

Thank the Lord, the decorating is finished. And I have to say that I am not disappointed. Is there anyone that enjoys it? I have total respect for painter decoraters - they must be pretty fit as we have been seriously aching after a full day's painting.

The bike has seen no action of late as the weekends have been wiped out - but with the painting done, hopefully that means I can get back out soon.  However, the more I see (check this out, seriously cool) the more I realise I need an all-mountain bike (like my favourite Trek Remedy 9) and not a XC like the Kona Kikapu I have now.  It's a great bike but in hindsight I should have got a cheap road bike to get to the station in the morning and then a true all-mountain beast for thrashing it round Limpsfield Chart. On a seperate note, I am seriously thinking about approaching The National Trust to see if they would consider using some of the land for some purpose-built mtb areas... not sure where to start though so if anyone has any ideas, let me know!

Finally, after much planning, next weekend is Kite Surfing weekend :) Almost as good as these guys from the latest PKRA round in S America - cool vid. Will post photos of it soon!

Watch out for them others...

PS - if you want to activate your compost heap, do this - it really helps!


No comments: